Dear New Century Volkswagen in Glendale,
I had to come in to your dealership today to pick up my new Jetta from your repair department, where it was getting a little warranty repair done. My wife was in the hospital (one more stamp on her card and she gets a free surgery of her choice), and I was the frazzled solo dad with a toddler and a newborn in tow. I was too scattered to say it at the time, but I appreciated …
- When I called you on my way to ask about dropping off the rental car, I said I had two kids with me, and your service manager said, “Don’t worry about the rental, just drive here and we’ll take care of getting it back to the lot for you.”
- Your waiting area has a children’s play center with very nice wooden toys, and they are kept clean. You’d be amazed at how often this isn’t the case. I also appreciate that it is encased in glass, and visible from your service manager’s desk, cashier’s line, and outdoor waiting area. I could let my 2-year-old hang with the wood-piece puzzles while I took care of business, and she was never out of sight.
- Without asking, one of the guys on your garage crew transfered both car seats from the rental over into my car. I have no idea how I would have managed that.
- This same guy ran over and washed off my daughter’s binky that had fallen on the ground.
- Once I was finally packed into my car with my two kids strapped into their seats, the service manager came out to meet me at my car, to finish out the paperwork, rather than having me come to the service window.
All of these small things made what could have been a frazzled dad nightmare into a manageable situation. They weren’t small things to me.