1. I wanted to be a mom of six. That was way before I understood anything about finances.
2. I can’t multi-task when cooking, I usually burn whatever is in the oven.
3. My maiden name was Schafnitz, therefore, you can imagine how excited I was when, at age six, my mom told me that when I got married that I would have a new last name.
4. I can’t take multiple choice tests. Therefore, my SAT scores were NOT 1450.
5. I wore shoes that were too small for my feet in high school because I thought my feet looked big.
6. I don’t know Stick, but I think I like him. I, too, think most “worship” sets/settings are uncomfortable. Many worship leaders should not speak.
7. I believe in infant baptism.
8. I don’t believe parents should reason with their young children.
9. I think about deleting this about every minute or so because I’m not sure I want people to know stuff about me.
10. I have an opinion on everything.
11. I have strong opinions on parenting.
12. The house I grew up in was gold and avocado green until I was in sixth grade. Then my mom chose gray/blue for everything because “blue never goes out of style”
13. I harshly judge openly judgmental people.
14. I have been skydiving and don’t remember being scared.
15. I like doing risky things. See #14. Corey says that I think I am bullet proof. Maybe I am?
16. I love to travel but I hate to pack…. sometimes I don’t travel because I hate to pack.
17. I don’t know what I want to do “when I grow up” but I do know I will not sell anything for money.
18. I like to try new foods, I don’t like most fast food, and salads taste much better when other people make them.
19. I don’t like to cook for people because too many grown ups don’t eat anything green.
20. My husband has taught me that it’s OK to do nothing… sometimes.
21. Corey says I’m gonna die at age 33 due to the fact that I worry about everything. It has been nice knowing you all.
22. I love that my son, Toby, is interested in reading this as I type. He said I should write that he thinks I am the prettiest girl in the world. It doesn’t get much better than that.
23. My first real job was at a pet store and oddly enough I sold pets on commission. So why #17?
24. I believe that every parent should have life insurance.
25. I think I would’ve been a good doctor, but I would have never finished medical school. See #4
26. If a book hasn’t hooked me in two chapters it’s not worth reading, if a book is good, I won’t put it down until I’m finished.
27. I never question my faith but I often question theology, the church and christians.
28. Blood, needles, skin disorders, guts, vomit, etc. don’t bother me, but a suspenseful movie can make me shake, turn white, and hide under a blanket.
29. As a kid, I had everything I needed and some of what I wanted.
30. My dad made the best sack lunches. The brown bag was always overflowing and you never knew what you might find. My favorite was peanut butter or cream cheese in a plastic baggie, all you had to do was bite off the corner and decorate your crackers. The napkin always had a secret note in the fold.
31. I love horses. If I could have a ranch, I’d move today.
32. I secretly want to be a country star. I guess it’s not a secret anymore.
33. I know every line to the movie Pretty Woman. How bad is that!
34. I pray every time before I sing in front of people. because I once froze while singing a solo when I forgot to pray beforehand.
35. I have broken my two front teeth twice…. both times on the bottom of a pool.
36. I have always learned things the hard way. See #35
37. My grandma was the most influential person in my life, she could sew a dress in a day and could spend a dollar 15 different ways. She taught me how to use coupons and budget. I miss her.
38. I never wanted to break up with boyfriends, I just tried to make them break up with me.
39. I was engaged twice. I married once.
40. As a kid, I was somewhat of a tomboy, funny that my daughter is into princesses and sparkles. I’m not sure if that’s irony or cruelty.
41. Democrat or Republican?….I want a viable third option.
42. I have been on TV 3 times.
43. I use the word ‘selfish’ too often.
44. I have a small meltdown when I feel I have bought something I can’t afford. Oh wait, we own- I mean- pay an insane mortgage on a house in Southern California. Honey, brown paper bag!
45. 100 is just too many.
46. I don’t fit in with South Countians.
47. I couldn’t fall asleep while laying on my back if you paid me but I’m told that I end up in that position frequently. (Direct copy from another list)
48. Speaking in front of people is my fear factor, I’d pee my pants if I had to pray.
49. I’m pretty good at a lot of useless things. For example, the banner I made for Toby’s baseball team won 2nd place…. so that means… I’m good with felt????
50. I don’t think that I’m particularly good at starting something from scratch, I think I’m better at improving on something mediocre.
51. I admire people who can write succinctly.
52. Can anyone call himself an artist? Is it a matter of my opinion or theirs? I struggle with who gets to choose.
53. Babies make me smile.
54. I have never felt better than when I was pregnant, unfortunately, that has only been 120 weeks of my life.
55. Corey and I cuddle every night. He changes the way he sleeps for me. How cool is that!
56. I want to take voice lessons.
57. I rarely completely finish a home project before I start another one. However, when helping a friend, I have trouble leaving before it’s done done.
58. I’m thinking that because this list is taking so long, I may not be very interesting.
59. I’m not motivated by money, I’m motivated by the fear of not having it.
60. I want to master something but can’t think of anything I want to master.
61. I’m more empathetic than sympathetic.
62. I brush my teeth in the shower.
63. I am overly pessimistic because it is better to be pleasantly surprised than let down.
64. When using the words “leery” and “weary”, I always choose the wrong one.
65. I have never missed paying a bill on purpose.
66. I’m not sure how anyone can NOT believe in God after having a child. It’s too amazing for US to take credit for doing it correctly.
67. I’m left handed. I point out every actor on TV who is left-handed (ever since Corey started pointing out every Mac).
68. I’m not a fan of oak furniture.
69. I always said I wasn’t going to say “because I said so” to my kids. I totally do.
70. I cut every family member’s hair so that I can justify paying for mine.
71. I wasn’t a very good older sister.
72. I cry watching the Shamu show at Sea World.
73. I went to my junior prom on a school bus.
74. I often look at the price of an item, figure out how many gallons of milk it would buy and then put it back.
75. I told Corey to take the gig that consequently made him miss the birth of our daughter.
76. I arrived at the hospital 18 minutes before she was born.
77. I look funny without bangs.
78. Prayer lists sometimes seem like cleverly, or not so cleverly, disguised gossip columns. God already knows the details.
79. I think “why me” is a horrible thing to say. It’s as if you wish your misfortune on someone else.
80. I’ve had some hard decisions to make in my life. I made them based on what I knew was right and disregarded all that I felt.
81. I wish I had a better vocabulary.
82. My mom and dad are still married. I’m thankful I can say that.
83. I miss out on a lot of opportunities because I fear failure.
84. I have never written a song, nor do I think I could write a good one.
85. The traits that frustrate me most about others, I have.
86. My tastes in decor change every year or so.
87. I almost always use a recipe when cooking. I can’t wing it very well.
88. I often think of something funny to say on the way home from the party.
89. I’ve known my best friend since junior high.
90. Being a mom of teenage kids scares me.
91. I hardly ever remember my dreams.
92. I find that I say the same thing twice if I feel it is important.
93. I am not photogenic.
94. My parents said to eat what is put in front of me, I do.
95. I have danced with sea turtles and been chased (kind of) by an eel.
96. Kauai is my favorite Hawaiian island because of #95.
97. I lived in Houston for a year. Corey will correct me and say it was nine months. It was long enough.
98. This past year I’ve put more emphasis on making memories.
99. I burnt a batch of cookies while doing this list, further proving #2.
100. Delete. :)