Posts in the 10 Days of Christmas series
- 10 Days of Christmas: Rulers from their Thrones
- 10 Days of Christmas: Matthew 1
- 10 Days of Christmas: Mary and her Donkey
- 10 Days of Christmas: Of The Father’s Love Begotten
- 10 Days of Christmas: The Kenosis
- 10 Days of Christmas: Mary Ponders
- 10 Days of Christmas: The Meaning of It All
How much did Mary know about the things that were happening in her, and through her? How much of Isaiah and Micah had percolated into her understanding from brother or father, some man who had received some formal training, who had been taught to read the texts? When she breathed the word “Messiah”, what collection of ideas did that word stand in for?
Mary treasured up these things, and pondered them.
I would love to know the pathways that her mind ran down as she marveled. The months between the angel and the birth must have seemed an eternity – certainly long enough for doubt to creep in. Did he really say … does this really mean … will he really be …
When the shepherds arrived, with stories and songs, it must have been a flood of emotions, confirming everything that Mary had been told.
Unto you is born this day a child, and He is Christ the Lord.
Previous in series: 10 Days of Christmas: The Kenosis
Next in series: 10 Days of Christmas: The Meaning of It All