Looking for the best excuse ever to leave work early this Friday? Here are ten reasons why you should come to the APU Small Group send-off concert this Friday at 4 PM.
- We’ve got freekin cello playing on a Kirk Franklin tune. Come on.
- The guitarist grew up playing 2nd guitar in a 70′s classic rock cover band. It shows. This kid rips. Very tasty stuff.
- You get to see me stand up in front, like a real professor, and introduce the group like an adult would, but you can laugh in your secret inside mind while you picture me 19 beers in at the Memorial Day BBQ.
- Where else are you gonna go on a Friday night to hear 2 bars of a hit-and-hold straight-tone B-flat-make-you-believe-Jesus-is-a-comin’ suspended chord?
- Come see if the awkward sexual tension among the group members spills out into inappropriate stage banter. Smart money is on “yes”.
- The pope says we can’t have Castrati singers anymore, but he didn’t say anything about keeping your Baritones above middle C for 5 days straight. As far as I can tell, basically the same thing.
- Free beer. Well, free coffee. But you can bring a flask of whatever you’d like to slip into it.
- The kid whose playing piano started out as my student when I was his age, and he was 12. You do the math. I’m too depressed.
- It might be the best band we’ve ever sent out. Really.
- We get to hang out afterward and have dinner.
Let me know if you’re planning on coming, and I’ll reserve us a table someplace nearby to grab dinner after the concert. This is a really good group, and it would be fun to get together with you all and spin the old yarn a few times over some tasty adult beverages. And for those of you who have never been to a small group send-off concert, or who don’t have any idea what I’m even talking about, come hang out, here some good music, meet some people from the blog.
The concert is at 4:00 pm, this Friday, June 8th, here: